This leading women’s voluntary organization has been working for the empowerment of women since its inception in 1949 as the East Pakistan branch of All Pakistan Women Association (APWA). After our country’s war of liberation in 1971, the organization was re-named as Bangladesh Mohila Samity (BMS) through gazette notification no. SIV/C-2/72/66 dated the 28th of February 1972, issued by the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare of the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. With acclaimed educationist and torchbearer of women empowerment in Bangladesh, Dr. Neelima Ibrahim, at its helm and under her guidance with the strong organizing capacity of Founder General Secretary, Mrs. Ivy Rahman, BMS succeeded in making significant contributions to the welfare of women and children all across the country within a very short span of time. BMS is committed to work for the cause of women and children from all social status to conquer poor health, illiteracy and poverty with a slogan of “A Better Future with united effort”. BMS is one of the grass-root voluntary women development organizations having its head office at 4 Natok Soroni (Bailey Road), Dhaka-1000 with 16 branch offices all over Bangladesh.